THE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF NEW YORK FOLLOWS THE INDEPENDENT SCHOOLS ADMISSIONS ASSOCIATION OF GREATER NEW YORK (ISAAGNY) DEADLINES AND NOTIFICATION DATES.
- APPLICATION: Complete an application for your child online starting September 1, 2018 for the 2019-20 school year. There is a $50 fee per application. See below for deadlines.
- FINANCIAL AID: If you are applying for need-based Financial Aid, please submit the request by December 15th, using school code 200009. This is a separate application, through SSS, that can be found on our Financial Aid page.
- PARENT MEETING: Once your application has been submitted, we will schedule a meeting for parents or guardians with the Head of School.
- CHILD VISIT: For Kindergarten applicants and up, we require a student visit, which can be scheduled at the same time as the parent meeting.
- SCHOOL REPORTS/TRANSCRIPTS: All applicants should submit a school report or transcript, depending on the grade level. For Pre-K and up, we are happy to accept an ISAAGNY (Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York) form. If your child's school does not have the ISAAGNY form, please let us know. For Grade 2 and above, please arrange to have written reports and transcripts sent to us from your child's current school. Candidates are not required to take (nor will we accept) the Educational Records Bureau examination (ERB).
- DEADLINES: For an application to be considered in the first round of acceptances, it must be completed by January 8th, 2019. However, if you are applying for financial aid, your financial aid application and supporting documents must be completed earlier, by December 15th, 2018. Applications for financial aid received after December 15th will be considered based on the availability of funds.
- NOTIFICATIONS: Acceptance letters and financial aid award decisions will be sent at the same time. For applications completed by January 8th: Pre-Nursery, Nursery and Pre-K applicants will receive their notifications via email on Thursday, February 28th. Kindergarten applicants will be notified on Friday, February 8th. Applicants for Grade 1 and higher will be notified on Tuesday, February 5th. A non-refundable enrollment deposit is paid upon signing the enrollment contract, and will be applied towards tuition.