- You may submit an application online starting September 1, 2017 for the 2018 school year for Pre-Nursery (age 2 by September 1st) through Third Grades.
- Once an application has been submitted, we will schedule a meeting for parents with the Head of School. For Kindergarten applicants and up, we require a student visit, which can be scheduled at the same time as the parent meeting.
- Candidates are not required to take nor will we accept the Educational Records Bureau examination (ERB).
- All applicants should submit a school report or transcript, depending on the grade level. For Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grades, we are happy to accept an ISAAGNY form. If your child’s school does not have the ISAAGNY form (Independent Schools Admissions Association of Greater New York), please let us know. For Second Grade and above, please arrange to have written reports and transcripts sent to us from your child’s present school.
- We follow the ISAAGNY deadlines and dates. For an application to be considered in the first round of acceptances, it must be completed and submitted by January 8th, 2018. However, if you are applying for financial aid, your financial aid application should be completed by December 15th, 2017. Award decisions will be sent at the same time as acceptances.
ONLY WHEN ALL THESE STEPS HAVE BEEN COMPLETED, WILL WE BE ABLE TO NOTIFY YOU OF AN ADMISSIONS OUTCOME. THE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY OF NEW YORK FOLLOWS THE ISAAGNY DEADLINES AND NOTIFICATION DATES.